Type 3 chondrites

Hello List,

Hewin's, et al, "Chondrules and the Protoplanetary Disk" is exceptional.  It is basically a volume of technical papers from a Lunar and Planetary Institute conference of the same name.  However, the editors did an exceptional job pushing the authors for well written papers with references and not the usual collection of brief abstracts.  This is a professionally-bound volume, not LPI's typical paperback.

Two of my favorite papers are by Wood and Boss respectively.  Wood poses all of the questions that must be answered in order for any chondrule formation model to be correct.  Boss does an excellent overview of all of the chondrule formation models, assessing their strengths and weaknesses (using much of the same reasoning as Wood).

I shopped around for this volume (still in print) and found the best price at Amazon.Com   It arrived within a week of placing my order (which is great for a science / technical volume).

While the price tag is stiff, there really is not another volume on chondrites, chondrules and chondrule formation models like it.  No meteoritephile's library should be without it.

Steve

Steven Excell
Paragon
1100 Olive Way, Suite 300