No Subject

Take a look at the fossil coral pictures at the site below to get a feel
for what the chondrules were being compared with.
http://www.fossil-company.com/gallery/fossils/coral/index.html

See one of my thin section pictures of a chondrule in Haxtun (lower left of
pictures) and use your imagination comparing it to a coral picture
(especially  the coral Caninia).
http://wapi.isu.edu/geo_pgt/haxtun.htm

Also look at the Allende TS picture for another type of "coral or sponge."
http://wapi.isu.edu/geo_pgt/allendeTS.htm

I've heard that H G Well's work "War of the Worlds"  was loosely connected
to the "discovery" of life traces in meteorites.

Although I have not seen the article, I believe Brian Mason was featured in
Life Magazine in the late 1960s with the Orgueil meteorite, and the
possible "life" discoveries found on that C1.

IMHO, we seem to go down this "life in meteorites" road about every 30 or
40 years starting in the 1800s. Also we speculate on the discover a planet
X about every 50 years after finding the previous planet X. However, we
have found more planets. Hmmm, if we only keep looking....

Martin