Martin's DaG 313

Hello list,

I've been looking at Martin's photo of the angular fragment in his DaG
313 specimen. It is white or very light gray, almost triangular and
appears to be a few mm on a side based on the chondrule sizes. The only
things that come to mind looking at it as far as origin is concerned are
a crystalline condensate directly from the cooling nebula or an impact
of material accreted prior to the formation of the DaG 313 parent body.

Neither of us is aware of any papers written on the possibility of
crystalline condesates in the early solar system and Martin suggested I
throw the question out to the list. If anyone is aware of such a paper
or has access to a large base of information (Bernd?), please drop us a
note citing the paper and the basic theory. This is a very interesting
photo -- I'll have to take a closer look at my Richfield.

Thanks, all.

Gene