cliftonite - only in meteorites?

Hello list,

I'm coordinator of the European Network for Fireball Photography and
Meteorite Recovery. Frequently I receive pieces of rock that are be-
lieved by the finders to be meteorites - unfortunately all of them
proved to be non-meteoritic so far.

Recently I got a rock sample that was analysed at the Freiburg Uni-
versity: it consists of (nearly pure) CLIFTONITE! Has anyone of you
an idea if cliftonite (a mineral that first has been discovered in
meteorites!)
* is produced in factories (for which purpose?)
* or are there any natural occurences known?
* could cliftonite possibly be used in building some parts of arti-
  ficial satellites (e.g. for heat shields)?

Any suggestion or any hint is welcome!

Dieter Heinlein		(DLR, Institute of Planetary Exploration)