Re: Type 3 chondrites

Dear Member list,

About type 3 chondrules, we have now 12 different pictures with different
chondrules visible on the Sahara 97210, L ( LL ) 3.6 / W0-1 / S4. This
meteorite is a breccia and two pictures with clasts are pictured on the
same page:

http://www.labenne-meteorites.com/list210b.htm

Also, you can see a view of this meteorites before cut.

 For some collectors a confusion exist between Sahara 97210 we have found
and DAG 313. No, it's not the same meteorite the classification of these
two meteorites are different. It's possible to compare in the last
bulletin of the Met Soc:

-Dag 313. 1997. Tot weight=3294g. L(LL)3 / S3 / W2

-Sahara 97210. 1997. Tot weight 3200g. L(LL)3.6 / S4 / W0-1. Breccia.

The schock class and weathering grade as completly different, the Sahara
97210 is very fresh.

About the price of this meteorite on the back cover of the excellent Joel
Schiff revue Meteorite !  Since we have sent this advertissing this
meteorite is sold out but except one piece ( now hold ) at the price of
$100/g not $30/g.

We have a problem with Sahara 97062, we have sold this meteorite as a LL6
and now this meteorite is classified as a L5/6. To excuse us we propose
at all the collectors possessing this meteorite an exchange ( of about
the same weight ) with an L4 the Sahara 97153, April 1997. Tot
weight=3790g. L4 / S2 / W3.

 Note that the Sahara 97062 it's a nice meteorite even if the
classification is changed.

An other change concern the Sahara 97058. We have sold this as a H4 and
now it's a H3/4. A change is possible but we think that H3/4 is a better
classification that H4 !!

PS: We have lost a file with the e-mail of numerous collectors, please
e-mail we if you want to received our futur meteorite list.

		Marc, Luc and Jim Labenne.

              Meteoritiquement Votre,

                Marc, Luc & Jim Labenne.

LABENNE METEORITES