Blue Salt Crystals = Green Fireball????

Hey List,

I was just talking with Jack Murphy at the Denver Museum of Natural History,
and he was saying that there has been an unusually high amount of fireballs
seen in the past year or so in Colorado area.  He personally has attempted to
chase many of them down and he said, that there is also an unusual number of
reports that some of the fireballs are very green.

This reminded me of the fact that the Monahans 1998 fireball also was green.
So much so that it lead (or mis-lead) some to think that there might have been
a high amount of copper in the meteor.

However, now that we do know that there are Blue Salt Crystals in the
Monahans; is there any chance that "indigenous halite and sylvite" could cause
a green fireball (or is that "bolide?"  I forgot what we decided on that
one!)?

Anyway, if anyone has a hunch, let me know.

Steve