Re: Louis Frank's 'Small Comets'

Hello, list:

I subscribed a few weeks ago because I am now responsible for developing
a meteorite collection for the planetarium I operate.  This has got to
be one of the most interesting lists around -- I'm sure impressed with
the level of conversation.  Pretty heady stuff for a relative greenhorn
like me!

If the earth and moon are being pelted with snowy comets, shouldn't
those impacts be cratering the moon?  What size craters should such
comets be causing, and do craters of that size range exist in the
numbers expected by Frank's hypothesis?  If impacts are still happening,
did lunar seismic equipment left on the moon's surface by Apollo
astronauts detect the thousands of impacts that must have occurred
during the Apollo years, or would such impacts have been below the
detection threshold for the equipment?

Dave