Re: US DOD FIREBALL RELEASE

E.P. Grondine wrote:

> Ron -
> >

> > What is the acoustic array?  If it no longer operational, then the
> > data can probably be obtained via the Freedom of Information Act.
> > Have you tried to obtain the data via this route?
> >
>    The acoustic array was described back at the time
> of the El Paso bollide last year.
>    I don't have the resources for a FOIA, and certainly don't have
> enough cash to analyze the data or to find out about any extracts from
> it.

    The acoustic arrays are for the detection of nuclear explosionsfor
confirmation of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty.  More
information can be found at

    http://www.ctbt.rnd.doe.gov/ctbt/introduction/infrasound_mon.html

Mike
--
"The avalanche has already started.
     It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Mike DiMuzio    mdimuzio@cisnet.com