Green fireball over Panama

I noticed the postings about the abundance of green firballs on the
list. Well, I just returned lat evening from Panama where I had the
fortune to have seen the largest and most beautifull fireball of my life
(and it was GREEN!). Me and my wife were camping on the beach in Punto
Chame, Panama on May 22 and around midnight while looking out into the
Pacific towards South America, I saw a brilliant fireball come in. It
was incredible, VERY GREEN for the entire duration (aroiund 10 seconds).
The fireball was travelling south and fragmented into many many pieces
at a high altitude and continued to fall. The very long duration leads
me to believe it certainly may have dropped meteorites but they
unfortunately would be most likely deep in the Pacific right now or
maybe Ecuador or Peru.
    On the Monohans topic, I would have paid several thousand dollars on
the spot and I did offer to buy them but was told by the police chief
that they WERE NOT FOR SALE.

Mike Farmer
http://www.concentric.net/~farmerm