Sale (also, trade opportunity)

The SNCs (the meteorites from Mars) have always entranced me - far more
than any of the other meteoritic material. It wasn't until lunar
material became available for about a "mere" $35,000 per gram ($25,000/g
in LARGE quantities) that something nearly as exciting drove me bonkers.
(Until DAG 262, only Calcalong Creek was "available" - and that, at a
mere $2 million a gram or so, put it beyond my wildest dreams).
	The "holy grail" of the SNCs was always a shared honor between
Lafayette (at only 800 grams TKW and ALL in institutions) and Governador
Valadares (at only 158 grams TKW!  and all in institutions). Both were
equally unobtainable. Recent trades released a few grams of each into
private hands, most of which was traded right back to other
institutions, leaving only the tiniest of quantities available to the
public. The largest (by far) pieces are now available as follows:
-LAFAYETTE, .726 grams (sevenhundred twenty six thousandths)
	at a little under $21,000 per gram = $15K
-GOVERNADOR VALADARES, 1 gram minimum, 2 grams maximum,
	 at "only" $14K per gram.
(Both are actually astonishingly good
	buys - though, admitedly, beyond the reach of most of us - like
	being offered a 50 million dollar estate for "only" one million)
-For the Lafayette, I would consider a trade for Chassigny.
	However, the GV must be cash and is available for only a brief
	period of time.
	In any event - best wishes to all, Michael

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: