Re: Portales

At 02:26 PM 9/11/98 -0700, Frank Stroik wrote:
>Is it not strange that Portales is in more private hands than in
>institutions? Maybe I am wrong, but should not formal description,
>cataloging and research come before sales? Just a thought.

Frank & List -

While I largely agree with your point of view, sometimes research findings
are not made available until a researcher determines the most advantageous
time--according to his or her agenda--to make such findings available.
Well, I've been informed by a good source that in the case of Portales
Valley, it is not a matter of what is not known...it's a matter of what has
not yet been expressed.

As a Portales Valley reseller, and as someone who shares your sensitivity
on this issue, please note that on the very day that my first Portales
individual arrived--shortly after the fall--it was delivered to the
American Museum of Natural History.

Please further note that at the Portales site
http://www.theskyisfalling.com/portales/index.html, a special effort to
cater to institutional needs was made--and already three exemplary
specimens have been acquired by institutions.

Best-
Darryl

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: