Re: Meteorite collection lists

In a message dated 16/09/98 21:45:56 GMT Daylight Time, farmerm@concentric.net
writes:

<< What do
 others think about the collection lists? I do not feel that it should
 cause and feelings of jeolosy or envy in anyone for not having enough
 etc. It is fascinating to see how different collections are, weather you
 specialize in falls/finds, stones/irons, individuals/slices, whatever .I
 am amazed at the variations in specimens and localities and am wondering
 where some of these specimens surfaced from to arrive in collections all
 over the World.  I sincerely hope others are able to do the same and
 share their work with others. >>

I think it's a great idea. Browsing through all the dealers web sites gives me
a lot of enjoyment, and looking at other people's private collections is even
more interesting. It doesn't matter if it's a large or small collection, we're
not trying to compete with each other as far as I'm concerned, so nobody need
be bashful.

My site is an AOL beta test and doesn't allow full control of the text spacing
or positioning yet, which is why my collection had to be displayed as an image
file. I get extra web space for testing, so if anyone would like to share
their collection with us all but doesn't have their own site, use Windows
notepad and send me your collection list as a text (*.txt) file - I'll convert
it to an image for adding to my site. No promises, but I'll certainly try
adding as many as I can.
If you do, please have the layout completely finished and "ready to
go"......don't send it to me at this email address, but send it to me at
FERNLEA@aol.com and I'll add some collectors pages. Private collection lists
only though please....no pictures, adverts or promo stuff.

Cheers,
Rob.

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: