Re: LA Meteorite Exhibit

SpaceRocks@iname.com wrote:

> On another note, this one day only dislay is precisely why I would not
> want my collection to be donated to your typical museum.  I would not
> want my collection to be locked up most of the time.  I would want it to
> be available for appreciation by the public as much as possible.
>----------

You make an interesting observation.  Many members of this list are to
be commended for making an on-line gallery available to the public at
virtually all times.  This educational public spirit is arguably better
than what many museums provide, with collections often unavailable to
view in any form.  Even the Smithsonian, which has done a tremendously
good job of displaying meteorites for the public, had their exhibit
closed to general observation for years during remodeling.

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit:

Follow-Ups: References: