Eau de Murchison

>When I went to wish mine an HBD, I noticed that it still stinks! Even 29
>years later, it still smells like a chunk of asphalt.

The writer must have a nose the size of a pencil eraser.  To those who have
a proper proboscis, something smaller than Rhode Island but not by much,
Murchison has an odor that is interesting, alive, and completely unique.
In spite of the volumes of fascinating papers written on all that Murchison
represents, the smell of this rock is one of its most interesting
qualities.  Do any of our regular bibliographers have any material on the
substances in M. that are volatile at terrestrial temp & pressure?
Peter Abrahams, telscope@europa.com

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: