Re: Agriculture and Meteorites

In a message dated 4/2/99 10:10:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
harikari@telusplanet.net writes:

<< Should, I'm about to try his methods on a large scale in the Prairie
 Provinces of Canada.
 Lots of farmers still have rock line fences and Rock piles due to the
 Glacial till nature of the region. Only problems being you don't want to
 take apart every rock pile and move it stone by stone to look for what
 might be underneath and there are lower odds of finding meteorites among
 all that glacial debris, you odds go down from hunting in other
 environments like deserts. Weathering I'm certain is another major factor. >>

Hello List,

I am one of these people that will destroy a rock pile and leave not a single
stone unturned.  Granted I have not found a meteorite using this method...
yet.

George Nicula

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: