RE: Agriculture and Meteorites

Granted you may take these piles apart, but most of the farmers
I know would not appreciate it unless you put it back together. Or
ebtter yet haul it all away. With our glacial till content the odds are soooo
low that it's not worth the effort other than to do a surficial search. And
the metal detectors will pick up every rock with iron content, which we
have lots of too appearantly. I'm going to have to test this one out though!

On Friday, April 02, 1999 12:18 PM, FusionCrst@aol.com [SMTP:FusionCrst@aol.com] wrote:
> In a message dated 4/2/99 10:10:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> harikari@telusplanet.net writes:
>
> << Should, I'm about to try his methods on a large scale in the Prairie
>  Provinces of Canada.
>  Lots of farmers still have rock line fences and Rock piles due to the
>  Glacial till nature of the region. Only problems being you don't want to
>  take apart every rock pile and move it stone by stone to look for what
>  might be underneath and there are lower odds of finding meteorites among
>  all that glacial debris, you odds go down from hunting in other
>  environments like deserts. Weathering I'm certain is another major factor. >>
>
> Hello List,
>
> I am one of these people that will destroy a rock pile and leave not a single
> stone unturned.  Granted I have not found a meteorite using this method...
> yet.
>
> George Nicula

> Archives located at:
> http://www.meteoritecentral.com/list_best.html