Re: Proofread For Accuracy - Please

>I have been asked for permission to publish the following letter in a
>newsletter for Metal Detecting Treasure Hunters.  Before I grant that
>permission I wonder if some of you might proof read the letter for
accuracy.
>The letter was written to a novice group of TH'rs in an effort to get them
>started in meteorite hunting.  I feel I have been considerate of issues
>regarding meteorite value and do not intend to add to any discussions
>regarding the matter.

I didn't see any obvious mistakes, but in the original letter you might have
done more to grab their interest. Giving the impression that meteorites are
actually findable, like mentioning GB, which was found by metal detectorists
but frequently mistaken for 'hot rocks' and tossed out, would grab their
attention.

A good plan on your part, these are the people who are likely to come across
a meteorite but not recognize it.

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: