Re: Fw: Meteorite "worth"

Hello Geoff, Steve and list,

Geoff wrote:
"But, if the train collectors had congealed an organization to slow the
inflation, prices might have been more reasonable"

A excellent point.  Organization has, throughout history, revealed itself as
strength and staying power.  Actually, maybe it's the reverse that is true.
Lack of organization is a sure killer.

Geoff wrote:
"But I am sure their
inflation has helped many of them, and an old toy model can always be
reproduced! Meteorites cannot be replicated or put "back into production."

Yes, but asteroids and planets will be mined.  You can count on that.

Steve wrote:
"The only negative that I can see in the
hobby is that not enough people know about it to make them as liquid as say
coins or beanie babies."

I believe that the field of Numismatics, (coin collecting) has been forced
to be federally regulated.  Someone should check this.  I'm not sure and
don't have the details as I am not a collector.

I'm also not one who likes giving up an hour of sleep, so I'm outta here.
(I hate to post and run, but..............)

Hasta la vista, Arnold (Schwarzenegger)
Julia

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: