Re: Jilin - Esquel - Hoba

In a message dated 30/03/99 08:56:41 GMT, you write:

<< Dimensions of the largest recovered individual: 117 x 93 x 84 cm.
 After a fireball and several explosions, a shower of stones fell,
 totalling about 4 tonnes and with the largest individual weighing
 1770kg. This would indeed be the "largest" stony meteorite at the moment.

 The largest stony-iron I have in my database at the moment might be the
 1500 kg Esquel pallasite (Patagonia, Argentina) - unless you have more
 recent information.

 The largest iron at the moment seems to be the Hoba ataxite weighing
 about 60 metric tons. >>

Hello Bernd and List,

Purely out of curiosity, what lies at the other extreme of the meteorite size
scale and is the smallest, formally recognised, SINGLY recovered individual
stone and iron? (Not including IDP's!)

Best wishes,
Rob Elliott.
http://hometown.aol.com/fernlea4/forsale.html