Re: Meteorite worth?

I second that, this thread can go nowhere, everyone has their own opinion.
It is impossible to assign a $$$ value to any meteorite, every piece is
different.  All Dimmitt specimens are not equal, some look like crap and
some are regmaglypted beauties.  Beanie Babies are pathetic garbage made in
some factory last month. I just saw one on ebay for $13000. That to me is
pitiful for a piece of manmade plastic.  They will inevitibly go the way of
the Cabbage Patch Dolls, back to a few $$$ where they belong. Meteorites are
the only objects from space we have, they will never plummet in value on our
lifetimes anyway, no matter how many asteroids are mined.
Mike Farmer

Brad Sampson wrote:

>   I don't understand all this debate about the value of meteorites. It's
> pretty simple, they are worth however much someone is willing to pay for
> them, period!

> Archives located at:
> http://www.meteoritecentral.com/list_best.html
>
> For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: