Tut artifacts

The place to look for references to earlier work on
the Tut artifacts is Reiter's Die Netalle im Alten
Orient.  Please excuse my not digging up exact
references for these analysis, but I am more
interested in the Joshua impact right now, and these
artifacts may be from another impact site, as the
Israelites and Egyptians were not on the best of terms
during Tut's times.

I don't know about any on going analysis of the Tut
artifacts.  It strikes me that given their value the
only way they could be tested is non-destructively,
through gamma ray spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction and
microscopic examniation.  The gamma rays should show
elemental composition, if no nickle then the
possibilty of residue from copper production is most
likely. The Widmannstaten patterns should show up in
x-ray; if none then the possibility of hot working
comes up.  Microscopic examination should show signs
of working with rock and abrasives, the residue from
which would probably contaminate the spectroscopy
results.

Best wishes -
EP