Re: Close-Call Asteroid Coming

"Darryl S. Futrell" wrote:

> [...]

Don't underestimate the Tsunami potential! With the probability of ocean impact
being higher than land it is going to play a significant role in casualties.
Someone posted a site the other day from scientists in LA, Calif. who modelled a
1 Km impactor somewhere in the Pacific. The result was a 300m high Tsunami
heading out to all shores. Depending on your local continental shelf, I can see
a few million people being directly affected by that...
    There's a guy in Eastern Australia already selling tickets  for a seat on
the Sydney Harbour Bridge, should be a good view from there apparently :  )
cheers,
Mark

> Archives located at:
> http://www.meteoritecentral.com/list_best.html