Re: Nininger

bernd writes:

<< Both pronunciations are correct, Jim. A German would pronounce his name
 'nin in ger', an English-speaking person 'nin in jer'.  >>

When I interviewed UCLA's Dr. Alan Rubin for Meteorite Magazine, I
noticed immediately that he (an English-speaking person, of course!)
pronounced it "nin in ger", and he theoretically is closer than most to
Nininger's "world".   But I think "nin in jer" would probably be much more
common, at least in the U.S. of A., if a survey were to be taken.
"you say PotAto, I say poTAHto....;-)..."
Gregory

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: