Re: list policy poll

You know, it wasn't so very long ago that the concepts of rockets to the moon,
men in space, or even home computers (or microwave ovens, or ...ad infinitum)
were the stuff of science fiction dreamers and Saturday cartoon matinees. We
all have the right to the free expression of ideas, no matter how odd they may
seem to some. It has been said, more than once and by greater minds than any on
the list (unless there is a closet Einstein or Feynman or some other among us)
that anything the mind conceives is possible ... and that in each grain of
speculation, no matter how far-fetched, lies some atom of explorable fact. So I
will stand with Casper on this and say that NO ONE is so low as to deserve
ridicule, nor so great as to deserve our unequivicable admiration.

As to coverups and conspiracies, I'm quite sure that there are things we are
not told. Some things, were they open for general release, might well cause
unnecessary (or potentially unnecessary until more facts are uncovered) panic
... even among this august company. One fact that does become immediately
obvious is that secondary systems need to be in place so that if "Detection
Unit One" goes down for maintenance, "Detection Unit Two" can keep tracking.
Perhaps this will spur the powers that be to allow for additional funding for
just such backup.

As to the privacy/subscriber-only/science-based list ... as long as the List is
not also "Invitation Only" then it remains open to all who happen upon it ...
just as I did, just as you did. We are not an "exclusive members-only club",
but a forum where ideas may be presented and challenged ... hopefully in a more
open-minded, and fair-minded environment. Otherwise, we all become
psuedo-scientific snobs ... with blinders to any ideas "Not Made Here."

P. Craig

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: