Knitting for Meteorites!

Hello List,

Following a tip from Geoff Notkin, I went to the magazine rack yesterday and
found the new Astronomy magazine (July 1999).  Looking at the Table of
Contents I quickly saw on page 54 was "Meteorites on Ice."

Turning there, I found the story, but that was not what I was looking for.  I
turned the page and there it was!  A photo of a fellow meteorite-list member
Monica Grady (curator of meteorites at the British Museum of Natural History)
sitting outside her tent knitting of all things!

I bought the copy, and the story was even good!  Makes me want get an
expedition to Antarctica together!

Congratulations Monica!  Can I talk you into autographing my copy?

Steve Arnold

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: