Re: Happy Canyon

Hello Mike,

I remember recently discussing this on the list. I gave a reference
published in GCA vol. 61, 1997, written by Dr. Alan Rubin et al. that
reestablishes all enstatite chondrite classifications. Happy Canyon is
classified as an EL melt breccia in agreement with this classification
earlier by McCoy et al. They believe the evidence points to the EL
parent body as the source rather than the EH. I have heard of other
classifications such as an EL7 but have not seen the literature so I use
Rubin as my source. Hope this helps.

David

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: