Re: Happy Canyon, Mt. Egerton

Mike Farmer wrote:

> Can anyone (Bernd, Jeff G.) tell me exactly what the official
> classification of Happy Canyon is? I have seen several different classes
> assigned, EH6, EL6 E7 etc. Please help us all clear this up at one time.
>
> Another one if Mt Egerton. I know it has been reclassed from a meso to
> an aubrite but does anyone have the official data, met bulletin link
> etc.
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> Mike Farmer

This is an extract from "MetBase" V3.2, authored by Joern Koblitz, who
is one of the current members of the NomCom, as Jeff Grossman is:

HAPPY CANYON:
EL6/7(S2) enstatite chondrite, low-iron subgroup, impact melt breccia

MT. EGERTON:
AUB-AN, achondrite, Ca-poor, anomalous aubrite, iron-rich

May be Jeff can add additional or new information (or correction) to
this, if there has been any since release V3.2 of this database.

Alex
--
Alexander Seidel        My location on planet Earth
Dankersstrasse 22       N 53.5932  E 9.4683  6m asl

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit:

Follow-Ups: References: