Re: Looking for Meteorites with Infrared binoculars

jeffrey<<
 Interesting idea, now we just need infrared binoculars.  Do you have any?
I've
 seen the starlight stuff on the market but not infrared.

No I don't have one....but.....as some of you already know, I am a fireman.
This past year we've been training with a handheld infrared device that
enables us to go into very dense smoke filled buildings and see heat sources
quite well. It is primarily used to look for people etc. I remember looking
at the footprints left by people who walked by. Quite impressive. This
particular device is quite expensive...in the neighborhood of $17000. But
this is a top line item. There are cheaper devices but with less quality
from other companies that are being pushed towards the fire departments that
might be useful for rich meteorite hunters? I haven't looked lately, but I'm
relatively sure that they are advertising in the various fire related
journals and magazines. Just about any fire station would have copies of them
laying around...ours do.
GeoZay

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: