Re: Looking for Meteorites with Infrared binoculars

Gene<<
 This has to be the most interesting new idea for meteorite hunting I have
 heard of. But....what do you do if it falls in sagebrush?

Gene, with the device we trained on in  our fire department that I mentioned
earlier, one can also see the outline of a human hidden in a wooden closet. I
suspect if the same device were in sagebrush and emitting absorbed infrared,
you could see some hint of it? Just guessing, but from what I saw during our
training I was quite amazed. An extreme example was when we looked up at a
large florescent light with it and saw a nice image of the warm ballast right
thru it's metal housing.
George Zay

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: