Re: Subscription to the meteorite list

Don't blame you a bit! I think I'll be hitting my "delete" on this issue from
now on, too. *Yawn* It's Sunday, after all ... and Father's Day ... and I'm
watching hubby aand the kids play with the new Shop-Vac (by cleaning my whole
house!). Now THIS is LIFE!
Have a good one!
Peri

jjswaim wrote:

> P. Craig wrote:
>
> I've gotta agree with
> |Phil. As we've seen through this debate, continued discussion threads on
> this
> |don't seem to be a deterrant, and some members are interested in what
> others
> |term "woo-woo B.S.".  So ... if you're not into it, just ignore it.
>
> In order to make this a productive thread, if anyone wishes to continue (I
> have said enough of what I thought), it will be necessary to define the 'it'
> to which you refer - the NASA bashing, pseudo-science, anything goes, etc.
> In agreeing with Phil, you essentially are removing any restrictions on
> subject matter.  While I think Art Jones would be the first to agree that
> the list is very good at self-regulation, I do not believe his intent is to
> have this a totally open forum for discussion of anything.  To that end,
> there must be limits.  We have self-regulated ourselves on the subject
> currently being reintroduced by J. Warren.
>
> I wanted to make the distinction between NASA bashing and pseudo-science as
> subjects for discussion.  It seems to me that the current trend for NASA
> bashing is a result of the movie industry.  NASA may want a forum (not sure
> this is the correct one) in which to respond to all of these suspicions and
> claims)   The discussion of pseudo-science on the other hand will only
> destroy the quality of what makes this list special.  That, of course, is
> only my opinion.
>
> I merely support the idea of boundaries,  to be reevaluated on occasion, as
> opposed to Phil's 'no line to be drawn' approach.
>
> Best backatcha,  Wake me when it's over.  I'm outta here.
>
> Julia

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: