Deal (L6) - New Jersey

RJD42@aol.com schrieb:

> I was wondering if anybody has any information on any meteorite falls/finds
> in the state of New Jersey. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!  I'd
> also like to say that I am new to this list, and so far I am very pleased with
> it.  I'm learning things already! -- Noah

Hi Noah and welcome to this list,

There is one New Jersey in my databases:

Deal, L6
Long Branch, Monmouth County
New Jersey, U.S.A.
40° 15' N / 074° 00' W
Fell 1829, August 15, 00:30 hrs
TKW: about 30 grams

20g, Philadelphia, Acad. Nat. Sci.
05g, Paris, Mus. d'Hist. Nat.
03g, Washington, U.S. Nat. Mus.
01g, Tempe, Arizona State Univ.
BM London,  less than 1g, less than 0.5 gram.

Several stones appear to have fallen after the appearance of a fireball
and detonations, but only one, about 3 inches long, was found on a farm
5 miles SW. of Long Branch, R. Vaux and T. McEuen, J. Acad. Nat. Sci.,
Philadelphia, 1829, 6, p.181. Description, F.J. Keeley, Proc. Acad. Nat.
Sci. Philadelphia, 1920, 72, p.358 (M.A. 1-405). Olivine Fa25, B. Mason,
GCA, 1963, 27, p.1011.

Best regards,

Bernd

Archives located at: