Re: Odessa hunting

J. Warren wrote:
> Greetings all,
>     I'm planning on heading down to the odessa crater this
> weekend with my metal detector to do some hunting.  Could
>someone please give me any and all information, if available, on
>rules about metal detecting at the crater and around it.  Thanking
>you very much in advance.
> Joel
---
Joel,
	For many years, now, only a select group of "oldtimmers" have been
allowed to detect the area - you would need to get in touch with them &
hope to be allowed to join them (likely, if you can find them) They
don't go much, anymore, as (I am told by them) nowadays, they don't find
much over 1 Oz at the LARGEST - and that is rare. An AVERAGE day yeilds
1/2 a handfull of tiny frags.
	One of your best bets may be to hang out at the crater & hope they come
out that day - also, you can get the first issue of VOYAGE! magazine -
there is an interview with one of those old guys & his name is given, if
not his phone number - you could ask him - but don't be surprized if he
says no - the old timers are selling off their old stock at higher and
HIGHER prices every few months. The less they have left, the more $ they
want for it - I guess when they are down to their last 2 or 3, it will
be $5,000/g!
	Best wishes, Michael

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: