FIRST ANNUAL?

Dear Infant Culb and List;
I may be a bit ahead of myself and others, but better than late.
I am on the Rock Springs Gem and Mineral Club's committee for the 8th.
Annual Big Sandy Rock Swap which is held at Farson, Wyoming.

New this year will be a NIGHT SKY LECTURE AND WATCH hosted by a local
astronomer.  This will include a dozen 4 inch telescopes and a 20-
incher.  Our elevation is low at 6,000 foot and goes up from there...and
you all know we have no large towns in Wyoming except Yellowstone, this
time of year!  Public lands, a few large ranches, playa lakes, sand
dunes , miles and miles of "no fences".  To my knowledge, no meteorite
hunters have ever looked here, except for  me and Roy.  Waltman
meteorite location is 120 miles east and Albin pallesite is about 300
miles south east.

If the new club movement is searching for a first happening, this could
be worth a thought.
Camping is free, water, showers too.   Nearest motels and "City" is at
Rock Springs.
Please email me for more information, or to comment.
Petrified woods, jade, fossil fish dig, and gold are normal
collectables.  Field trips are free.

Worth a thought,
Dave Freeman vice president, Rock Springs Gem and Mineral Club
Swap web site: www.batb.com/rockswap.shtml
My web site:    http://batb.com/applegreen.html

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: