Re: Mathilde

Hello Bernd, List -
	I'm glad someone else came across the same study I read and commented
about at the beginning of this month. I'd found it in an old Discover Mag
from Sept 98. I thought it was rather interesting as a possible reason why
we get large showers of many stones on occasion. That they entered as a
single large, but loose, mass and separate in the turbulence with the usual
spalation etc... Take care...

					Jamie Platt

All:

The original article (Disruption of kilometer-sized asteroids by energetic
collisions) was published as a Letter to Nature in Nature vol 393, pp
437-440 (June 4, 1998).  There was also a brief companion article in the
same issue of Nature entitled, "Making and braking asteroids".

			Mike Ostrander

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: