Second Earth Companion

Hello Calvin, Ron, List,

I cannot find Ron's recent post (this week?) regarding this strange little
chunk
of natural debris that has recently been discovered orbiting our own Earth
along with the moon in a very weird orbit all of it's own (as far as we
know).   It is proposed? that it is a former piece of the moon.   I am more
than a little intrigued by it's peculiar orbit.  If
someone still has this notice of Ron's, please forward it to either me or
the list.

As I recall, there were two highly unusual aspects to the orbit.

First, the drastic speeding up and slowing down.  This suggested to me at
the time that it was as if it were running into contact with an energy field
that was repelling it at high speed, then the natural slowing process, then
the repelling again.  I know, an anomalous field.

Second, the spiralling effect described was reminiscent of the Magnus Force,
although it was difficult to get an accurate picture in my mind based on the
description.  Is there a model of the action (or reaction) of this newbie
lurker?
Sounds like we picked up a Bogey at 12 o'clock, 1 o'clock, 2

Thank you in advance.
Best Regards,
Julia

Archives located at: