Re: Glass bombs impactite or tektite

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Blood <mblood@access1.net>
To: Darryl S. Futrell <futrelds@gte.net>
Cc: Gaetan Cormier - Meteorites & Tektites <shattercone@videotron.ca>;
meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Saturday, March 20, 1999 3:20 AM
Subject: Re: Glass bombs impactite or tektite

Michael,
    I never said they were tektites!  Look again.  I typed 1 1/2 pgs to you
& the list this morning, but when I tried to send it, it bounced & ended up
in my outbox. then my drafts box, & then in my sent items box, & I don't
know how to retrieve it.  (There is no "copy" in my file box when I'm in my
Outlook Express "sent items" box.)   Dread having to type it all again, but
will if it turns out I have to.     Darryl Futrell

>Darryl,
> I sometimes have Ries Crater Glass Bombs & have ALWAYS heard they were
>impact melt - NOT tektites. I have always thought they LOOK LIKE impact
>melt and NOT tektites - and, I have always sold them as impact melts and
>not tektites.
> As of this time, my opinion has not changed.
> Best wishes, Michael

>Archives located at:
>http://www.meteoritecentral.com/list_best.html
>
>For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: