Strewn field in Kansas

Hello List,

I recently posted a message about a possible strewn field in Kansas.  It turns
out that the field has already been discovered (Great Bend	H6	Barton
County	38° 23' 42 N   	098° 54' 57 W	Find	1983	).  For those of you that would
like to see a sattelite image of this field follow this URL:

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/GetTilesByXY.asp?XId
=7451&YId=3549&TileX=4&TileY=4&SrcId=1&Img
Date=09/26/1991&DSize=1

I happened upon this field while browsing the imagery of Kansas hoping to find
exactly what I did find.  Unfortunately(or fortunately) it was discovered in
1983.  In my opinion the terraserver website offers a great tool to meteorite
hunters, so if you have'nt checked it out yet take this opportunity.

Have fun and happy hunting,
George Nicula

P.S.  Michigan will be put on the map for meteorite finds this year!

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: