Re: Fw: Asteroid 3753 (1986 TO)

A few questions please........

I am perplexed with the use of the term "repelling".  I am unaware of
any repelling force which works over a long distance--Nothing on the
terms or scale of the gravity force.  Magnetism is a short range force
and only works in the planetary scale with micron scale or smaller
particles over a short range where the math works.  That is where the
weak magnetic force is able to overcome inertia.  Also, do not confuse
the inertial pounding of a planetoid by solar winds as a repelling
force.  The only long distance force (in the sense of physics) of which
I am aware of is Gravity. (Weak Force? Stephen Hawlkin where are you?)
Therefore:  The definition of a shepherding moon used here is suspect or
needs amplification or clarification as to what the author means by
"repelling" force.

The article does not adequately describe relative motion, either.  The
"lane changing" analogy is insufficient to describe the vector followed
by the car around the truck.   We all think in terms of an elliptical
orbit of the moon around the earth.  Relatively, YES-- absolutely thru
space, not at all.  As the earth moves around the sun, the trace of the
orbit of the moon is a long spiral path which criss-crosses the
elliptical orbit of the earth around the moon.... did I say elliptical?
 Viewed on the solar perspective the earth's orbit through absolute
space is also a criss-crossing spiral around the  sun which is moving
through the galaxy which in turn..... I see by now you are getting the
picture.  Actual movement thru an absolute (3 axis referenced) point in
space is a once in .... well it is once per eternity or "event horizon" happening!

With all the documentation, I still do not know where this asteroid is
"relatively speaking".  Does it "orbit" the earth /moon centroid in a
tidal manner?  Does it appear as an expanding and contracting,
non-orbital pattern to an earthbased observer? Does this object fly
around the earth/ moon  or figure eight in between the moon and the
earth?  Does the use of the term "spiraling orbit" signify an
earth-relative or earth-absolute path around the sun?

Regards,
Elton Jones

jjswaim wrote:

> [...]

Archives located at: