Re: AD: New Meteorite Booklet

Dear List,

I have been away a while, but I have been busy. I have put together a
short booklet entitled "Meteorites: Their Nature and Processes". It is
in the very final stages of completion and will be available on Mon.
April 5th.

This booklet is intended for those who are new to meteorite science, or
those who do not have an earth science background. If you have firm
knowledge of meteorites, or have a good idea of what all the different
meteorite types are and what they represent, then this booklet is
probably not for you. I have arranged it for reference rather than an
evening reader.

In this booklet, I have attempted to cover all known meteorite groups,
by giving the fundamentals of where and how they formed, as well as how
they are classified. I have included a glossary of 60 terms that I felt
would be of help to understanding meteorites. I did not cover any
aspects of collecting, because I am not familiar with this subject.I
hope to update this booklet on an annual basis, to keep with current
information coming to light.

The booklet comes to about 62 pages, and will cost about $8.00. I have
to get the final bugs out of it, which will be done by Friday. Since I
am able to decide the number printed, I ask that those who are
interested to e-mail me directly, to let me know they may be interested
in a copy. This is so I have an idea of how many to print up. After they
are printed, I will e-mail all those who are interested with details on
the final price, as well where to send to get one.

Best Wishes,

Frank

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: