Re: meteorite minerals

Hello Harlan & List,

I carry minerals in 1" micromount cases for $3.00 each.  A good meteorite
reference selection would include:

- Olivine: occurs in chondrites, achondrites, and stony irons

- Pyroxene: common in stony meteorites and mesosiderites

- Plagioclase: found in chondrites, achondrites, and mesosiderites

- Pyrrhotite: the terrestrial version of troilite

- Magnetite: an iron oxide common in fusion crusts and carbonaceous chondrites

- Serpentine: a hydrous mineral common in carbonaceous chondrites

Also, I have updated my micromount meteorite offerings -- all at $10.00
each (buy ten - get one free!).  See the URL below for details:

http://www.mindspring.com/~ealbin/depot.html

If you have anything that's not on the list, please feel free to suggest a
trade!

Best Wishes,

Ed Albin

P.S. While at the Johnson Space Center last week, I saw a very nice display
of the four major lunar minerals which included the following: Plagioclase,
Olivine, Pyroxene, and Ilmenite.

At 07:33 PM 3/25/99 PST, you wrote:
>looking for earth versions of unusual minerals sometimes found in
>meteorites. does anyone know where natural diamond crystals and troilite
>might be available for sale?

>Archives located at:
>http://www.meteoritecentral.com/list_best.html
>
>For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: