Re: Sikote-Alin + Tunguska stamps

> Does anyone know any Scott, Michel, or Gibbons catalogue numbers for the
>  Sikote-Alin and Tunguska commemorative stamps? I've been speaking to some
>  stamp dealers and it seems all stamps have catalogue numbers and it helps
>  them to get one for you if you know what the numbers are. Anyone know any
>  other meteorite stamp catalogue numbers?

Hello Stuart,

I have been a stamp collector for about 25 years now but unfortunately, I only
collect US stamps and covers so I can't directly help you out.  Your local
public library probably has the Scott catalogs in the reference section, as
well as larger retail bookstores.  They are divided by country and are fairly
easy to use (just don't confuse the mint and used column headings).  When you
do find the stamps in the catalogs, I think you will be quite surprised by the
difference between the catalog value and the price they go for in the
meteoritical world, particularly since most stamps are sold retail as a
"percentage off" the catalog value (in other words, lower than the catalog
value).  Hope this helps.

-Walter Brannch
http://members.aol.com/wbranchsb/meteoritemainpage.htm

Archives located at: