Re. Meteorite posting

<<<<sigh>>>>

Sorry, but this is not the place for such hate-filled postings, or language.
Freedom of speech is precious, and worth defending, but at the same time
everyone on this List, in this online family, has a responsibility to be
considerate of others' feelings and should also be VERY aware that even if
they don't shout up there are **many** Lurkers "out there" much younger than
the high profile members who really don't need to read such outrageous
language. I have no doubt that there are many kids out there who are members
of this List who use it as a source of information for their hobby, their
homework, whatever, and today, instead of reading about meteorites they read
something totally unsuitable and upsetting. Who knows what thoughts are going
through their heads now, or what their parents are having to do to comfort or
reassure them. Sometimes I despair over people's insensitivity, I really do.

Let's keep private postings *private*, stick to things meteoritical and just
look to the sky and hope that the loss of life is kept to an absolute minimum.
This is a difficult time, a very dark time for those involved - and those of
us not *directly* involved should just keep quiet and thank whichever God we
believe in that we're *not*.

This is real life people, not a film. If you want to eat popcorn while
watching CNN to make it more like one then fine, but if you can't be
understanding, or considerate enough to understand that others find such
language shocking, I suggest, with all due respect, that you shut the hell up.

Stu

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: