Re: Meteors in the movie "Jaws"

Hello Ron and List,

That's interesting.  I'll look for them the next time the movie is on
television, which seems to be at least twice a week on one of Ted Turners
stations.

In fact, that move is shown so much that I am going to start pulling for the
shark!

Um,. . . my wife just informed that she remembers seeing the meteors, which is
kinda scary because she is apparently beginning to pay attention to what I am
doing. :-)

-Walter Branch

>  was flipping though the TV channels, and came across the movie
>  Jaws.   I was watching it for a bit, it was towards the latter part
>  of the movie, and I saw meteor streak across the sky behind the
>  Roy Schrieder's head.  I think it was for real, because it had
>  nothing to do with the plot.  It was brighter than your typical
>  shooting star, but not a fireball.  The next scene also captured
>  another meteor, though not as bright.  I do recall that these particular
>  scences were shot on the Universal Studios lot, so the meteors
>  were above the Los Angeles sky.

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: