Re: Re. Meteorite posting

Well put, Stu. Lets hope this business is done soon ... for the sake of those
involved (directly or not, on both sides), the families, the children ... and
those of us here who feel the ripples of discord tear at the fabric that surrounds
our own lives. The dinosaurs may have felt a tricle of fear when they looked up
and saw a blazing ball of fire shoot through the sky, never knowing that it would
in time be a sign and memorial of their extinction from something they could not
understand. I think perhaps, that we are not so different, seeing a distant blaze
on the Earth's horizon, feeling tension mount and prickles at the nape of the
neck. We may know war, but we do not know THIS war. And so, like the behomoth
beasts, we strike out in misinterpreted (as anger) fear at those closest to us.
Enough , now, people ... at least HERE, let there be a peace, despite differences.

Off my soapbox, now.
Peri Shumard-Craig
STUARTATK@aol.com wrote:

> <<<<sigh>>>>
>
> Sorry, but this is not the place for such hate-filled postings, or language.
> Freedom of speech is precious, and worth defending, but at the same time
> everyone on this List, in this online family, has a responsibility to be
> considerate of others' feelings and should also be VERY aware that even if
> they don't shout up there are **many** Lurkers "out there" much younger than
> the high profile members who really don't need to read such outrageous
> language. I have no doubt that there are many kids out there who are members
> of this List who use it as a source of information for their hobby, their
> homework, whatever, and today, instead of reading about meteorites they read
> something totally unsuitable and upsetting. Who knows what thoughts are going
> through their heads now, or what their parents are having to do to comfort or
> reassure them. Sometimes I despair over people's insensitivity, I really do.
>
> Let's keep private postings *private*, stick to things meteoritical and just
> look to the sky and hope that the loss of life is kept to an absolute minimum.
> This is a difficult time, a very dark time for those involved - and those of
> us not *directly* involved should just keep quiet and thank whichever God we
> believe in that we're *not*.
>
> This is real life people, not a film. If you want to eat popcorn while
> watching CNN to make it more like one then fine, but if you can't be
> understanding, or considerate enough to understand that others find such
> language shocking, I suggest, with all due respect, that you shut the hell up.
>
> Stu

> Archives located at:
> http://www.meteoritecentral.com/list_best.html
>
> For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: