Re: Catastrophic Events & Mass Extinctions: Impacts And Beyond

>Fascinating, Ron! I'm terribly jealous ... you always get to know about the
>really cool stuff first! Since the conference is planned to be "not for wide
>public consumption," will there be abstracts (and xpandments) available to us
>"regular folks"?

These meetings/conferences are normally open to anyone who wants to attend,
though there is usually a registration fee involved.  This particular
meeting is being limited to 300 participants, but it doesn't hurt
to apply if you are really interested.  The abstracts are usually available
for a fee.  See the URL for contact info:

http://cass.jsc.nasa.gov/meetings/impact2000/

Also, note the field trips that are planned to visit the Ries impact
crater in Germany, and K/T boundary sites in Austria.

Ron Baalke

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: