Palca de Aparzo

Sharkkb8@aol.com schrieb:

> The so-called "Patagonian Eucrite",  fall/1995 (I think), tkw about
> 1400g - Has there been an official name-designation for this fall?
> Thanks in advance to Bernd.....   ;>)

> Gregory

Hello Gregory and List!

I have a "Palca de Aparzo" in my database, but it is an L5 and it fell
in 1988 - maybe this is the one you are referring to:

Palca de Aparzo, L5
Jujuy Province, Argentina
23° 07' S/065° 06' W
Fell 1988, September 14, 06:50 hrs

After the appearance of a luminous meteor followed by detonations, a
shower of many stones fell. A total 1430g was recovered, consisting of
two large stones (282 and 104g) and several smaller ones. Classification
and analysis: olivine Fa25, pyroxene Fs21; Brian Mason, Museum of
Natural History, Smithonian Institution, Washington, D.C. 20560, USA.
Main mass and type specimen: Asociación Hatum Pampa, Pizarro 5672, 1440
Buenos Aires, Argentina. Information, Oscar A.Turone, Pizarro 5672, 1440
Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Best wishes,

Bernd

Archives located at: