How to eliminate Junk E-Mail

I have 2 techniques for getting rid of junk emails.

1) I have a killfile on my e-mail server.  This is the BEST way to eliminate
it.  You must have access to a unix prompt with your ISP, whereupon you edit
a text file that contains emails address of messages you want deleted upon
receipt.  If you don't know what that is, you probably don't have one.  Or
you can use some of the newer email clients, to create filters to delete it.

2) This one is a little more work.... but it works!!!

    A) send yourself a message, but mispell your email addy, so it gets
returned undelivable.
    B) correct the mistake and copy the text to a new email message.
    C) change the from in ALL the email header code of the returned mail to
that of the OFFENDING SPAMMER, Including all server-relay names ( you may
have to actually look at the "properties" of the email message to see it
all).
    D) remove your NAME from your email clients info setting, change it to
something like mail-dameon. Also remove your return address.
    E) attach the original message on to this new "forged" message.
    F) Be sure that the subject from the returned undelivable message it the
subject for this message.
    G) mail it to the server that sent it and whoever the reply email is
too.
    Your done.... Remember to re-set your email program setting back to
normal

What this does is tricks the "email harvesters" in thinking that they hit a
bad email addy.
This is VERY effective if done right on AOL!

Hope this helps! - Now back to our regularly schedualed meteorite list!

Dennis Schneider

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: