From: harlan trammell [mailto:skyrox@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 1999 2:33 PM
To: meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com
Subject: etch hex.

tried to etch 2 hexahedrites(smithsonia, gressek) but the never produced
a pattern even though you could see fractures along clevage planes.
etched an octahedrite(trenton)for test-solution was good the mirror
finish just turned frosty and the troilite darkened, but no pattern
showed up after rigorous tries. anybody got any ideas why the hex. did
not etch?