Glorieta all gone.

As of today, I will no longer be selling Glorieta meteorites.

Over the many years that I have searched, I have done my best
to not only find them, but to keep the prices as low as possible
for the ones that I have sold (all but 5 of the nearly 200 specimens
I found over the last 18 years.)

In 1998 I traveled 6,500 miles going to Glorieta from Flagstaff,
AZ, and logged 23 days in the field searching for the most part
sun up to sun down through Nat. Forest to recover 3 specimens.

Then I spent five more days with Marvin Killgore searching the
areas again.  I found nothing, and he four tiny pieces with
a combined weight of less than 28 grams.

If I had not found my largest one, 2.7 kg earlier that year, the
time and effort spent in 1998 looking would scarcely justify
the results.

Anyway, I want to thank all of you who purchased from me over
the years those pieces of Glorieta that you now have in your
collections.  Without your support I would not have been able
to afford, or search as extensively as I did.

Think I will try for Clover Springs, or maybe a new field next.

Regards,

Steve Schoner
AMS

Archives located at: