Re: big meteor of 94

Calvin Shipbaugh schrieb:

> Can someone help me with references to an event in Feb 1994?
> There was a very bright fireball over the Western Pacific.

Hi Calvin and List,

I could only locate this one:

Meteoritics 30-5, 1995, p. 563:

Electrophonic Sound From The Diamond Lake, Oregon, Fireball
R.N. Pugh, Cleveland High School, Portland OR 97202, USA.

At 9:16 p.m. PST, March 28, 1994, a large fireball exploded near Diamond
Lake, in south central Oregon. The object was 5x the diameter of a full
Moon, casting shadows along the flight path. There were numerous sonic
booms near the end point of the fireball.
There were 15 reports of electrophonic sound. These sounds were heard as
far away as 340 km. In most cases the observer was near metal objects
such as fences or automobiles. There was one report of the fireball
setting off a radar detector in an automobile. This occurred 270 km
behind the fireball entry point in the atmosphere.
There were several reports of birds that stopped singing, coyotes that
stopped howling, and dogs and cats running for cover.

Best regards,

Bernd

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: